- The registration for the competition will be open from 9:00 a.m. on 01/09/2019 to 6:00 p.m. on 30/09/2019 and late entries will not be accepted.
- Each school can register only once for the competition.
- The school name, address, contact teacher’s name, email and telephone must be clearly specified in the form.
- Registration quota – The registration is limited to 35 schools on a first come first served basis.
- These 35 schools will be comprised 2 groups:
- Group A: Local Regular Primary Schools
- Group B: Special Educational Needs Schools
- The registration results will be notified by email to the successful schools as well as announced on the competition website: https://tellatale.teacupp.com
- The competition is Individual-based and the participants of the competition must be the students of one of the successfully registered schools.
2. Competition Format
- For all the participating schools, a 90-minute briefing-cum-orientation will be arranged at a common venue (TBC) on 12/10/2019. The briefing- cum-orientation will be arranged in two sessions: Morning from 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 and Afternoon from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The briefing-cum-orientation sessions will be for the school teachers and academic staff involved detailing the format, process and guidelines of the competition followed by teacher’s workshop on using storytelling techniques and distribution of specially curated innovative storytelling teaching resources.
- It will be followed by a Q & A session.
- There will be three rounds in the competition:
Round 1 – Preliminary (intra-school)
Round 2 – Qualifier (inter-school)
Round 3 – Final (inter-school)
- Two storytelling workshops will be held to prepare the students for the competition. One for individual schools before the Preliminary Round, and the other for students entering into the Qualifier Round, the latter being a prerequisite for confirming students’ participation in the Qualifier Round.
- Participating students of both the groups will be put into one of the following categories based on their grades independently: